Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Interneting

I've started on a reorganisation of my website, www.sayraphimlothian.com. So far it's been an online CV of all the work I've done, photography, graphic design, art, curating, digital art, sculpture, props and puppets and sets. It's a big site full of photos and, I like to think, well organised. But things sort of disappear, nothing really stands out. So because I want to focus on my knitting and dolls more, I'm reorganising the knitting side of things, building a whole new sub-site to showcase it all.

Oh, it's a big job. But website-ing always is. I've spent all day on it, and I'm only about a third of the way through. I'm a old fashioned hand coder, building it from scratch in Notepad++. Occasionally I wonder if I should be embracing the new age and do it in some kind of program, but I am an old woman, set in my ways.

My eventual plan is to sell not only the dolls but patterns of them as well. Currently I'm knitting the prototypes of each of the dolls. I should knit a single doll a few times, write down the pattern and sell it all, and then move onto the next. But I'm easily bored and always ready to leap onto the next great idea, so instead of the sensible way, I've finished the prototype of 3 dolls and currently most of the way through knitting 3 others. Nothing has been re-knitted yet. But I'll get back to them.

In the meantime, here is the first of the dolls, Miss Kitty Serendipity.

To let you in on the secret, Kitty is dressed in a red bustier and mini skirt with black trim, black opera length evening gloves with red edging, fishnet stockings, garter belt and if you’re lucky, she might just flash you her tiny black g-string! She dances and titillates her audience with her hand knitted red ‘feather’ boa and her sexy red boots. She has an elaborate hair style with two bunches of roses woven in and, like all burlesque performers she is wearing huge false eyelashes.

She's available at etsy: http://sayraphim.etsy.com and soon on my brand new website.

No comments: