Thursday, October 2, 2008

Totem opening

The photos finally arrived!


The opening went really well, we had around 400 people come past in the 3 hours, and myself and a couple of the artists were interviewed for Fringe purposes on film and it might head over to Channel 31, Melbourne's community TV channel as well.

In other exciting news, Fed Square is looking into the possibility of extending the show another month. They think it's beautiful and they want more people to be able to see it. I'm really thrilled. It'll depend on the artists, if the majority need their dolls back for other shows or whatever, then it wont happen. But if most of them are cool to lend their work for another month, then Totem will continue. I'm so happy about that. I'm currently waiting to hear back from them all, but I'll keep you informed!

Left to right: Alex Summers (half), Erin Hall (up the back), my doll (sitting), Natalie Kalinova (straight below it), Beth Robinson, Soncha Iacono and me!

No comments: