Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday. Where the confusion wins out but at least I was visited by craft

When I am stressed, I am absent minded and get confused more easily. This fact explains today.

This morning I went to the Neighbourhood House where the knitting workshops were held last year. I was there to meet the two women who organise such events.

After 20 minutes
several chats to some of the residents and workers
a cup or two of coffee
and a couple of phone calls...
I remembered that I had failed Diary Reading 101 and upon checking the aforementioned journal, I discovered that my meeting was tomorrow. Which is why neither of the ladies turned up today.

So instead I took some photos of some pretty cool craft around the foyer and walked away into the sunshine.

However, blogger appears to be jsut as confused as I was, and wont let me upload the photos. Ah well...

The day continued and the highlight was I decided to make a Caesar Salad for dinner. For those of you who don't know, to make a good Caesar Salad, you need:
  1. Bread (for croutons)
  2. Egg
  3. Bacon (veggie style)
  4. Lettuce
  5. Parmesan Cheese
  6. Caesar Salad Dressing (I prefer the Paul Newman's non-creamy style of Caesar Salad Dressing)
  7. Chicken or Chicken Substitute (Crumbed Veggie Schniztels or Tofu works)
So earlier today I went and purchased the ingredients. Tonight I grabbed them out of the fridge (still in their bag, I was lazy when I got home) and laid them out on the bench.

And then stared at them in disbelief. Out of the required 7 ingredients, I had purchased Bread, Parmesan Cheese and Lettuce.

That was it.

Man, even a rabbit wouldn't eat lettuce, bread and cheese for dinner. Though now I think about it, a monk might. So instead I decided Sod It, I'm off down the pub.

Of course, being today in all it's glory, I missed the pub I was looking for and ended up at the supermarket instead. So I bought the missing ingredients and went home.

Pooh, what a day.

I'll come back later and attempt to load up the photos again

2 comments:

Chrisy said...

chuckle...good to know that other people have these sort of days...

Sayraphim said...

Oh, but how we wish we didn't! :)