Friday, September 19, 2008

last of the sneak peeks of the Totem dolls

I know it's two posts in one day, but the tomorrow is an extremely busy day and then I'm installing the show for three days, working for two days and then it's opening night.

This might be the last you see of me for a while.

Bah, who am I kidding, how could I stay away from my little soapbox stuffed full of crafts and opinions?

Anyway, so here are the last two Totem dolls I have found online. The first comes from Jane Doe, and was found at craftster,
How incredible is that? Jane is a very talented fiber artist and this is just beautiful. She explains that she's done her doll inside out, so the veins are on the outside and the lumps of flesh are on the inside, all with little sayings people have given her, such as "from little things big things grow" and "keep evolving" (that was my one!) I received this one in the post today, and I have to say that the photo does not do it any justice at all.

And the last in our Sneaky Peekies is the incredibly talented SaraMae Belle Page.
These beautiful dolls are a series called "Domestic Gist" and are built on wooden pegs. Their eyes and row of pearls are so touching, and although you can't see it, each of the girls have little bright red shoes under their skirts. This one I can't give you a link for since I found it on her Facebook page, but since it was on the net I had to share them! And, just like Jane's, I recieved these girls in the post today too, and let me assure you this photo does not convey jsut how sweet they are.

So that's it for our pre-coverage of Totem dolls. Wish me luck, it's going to be a long week.

See as many of you at the opening as are coming!

No comments: